Our lawyers are currently retained by pension funds, pipeline, mining and public utility companies, developers, institutional and private investors, and government agencies in connection with a broad range of real estate matters, and advice on British Columbia legislation.
Our areas of expertise include:
Acquisitions & Divestments
- We assist in the buying, selling and financing of interests in office, retail, industrial and mixed-use portfolios and properties.
- We assist developer clients with site acquisition, subsequent development work and project marketing of complex projects, advising on such matters as subdivisions (including air space subdivisions and strata titling), large land assemblies and redevelopment of real property as well as multi-family and industrial strata titled project sales matters.
- We act as lead leasing counsel for institutional and privately held landlords and tenants in connection with lease preparation, negotiations and related property management matters for a wide variety of property types.
- We assist electric utilities, power producers, mining and energy infrastructure companies with real property matters, including the large-scale acquisition of property rights for linear projects and related facilities. We also provide comprehensive expropriation advice to a variety of taking authorities and property owners.
- We assist developers and private investors to obtain and negotiate acquisition, construction and other real estate back financing facilities.
- We assist in the planning and formation of corporate structures for various real estate transactions, including the formation of limited partnerships, joint ventures and bare trusts specifically suited for various real estate properties, and to achieve tax efficient structures for our clients.
We assist private sector clients and citizen groups on all aspects of municipal law including land use planning, public/private partnerships, development and building permits, rezoning, municipal entitlements (including heritage incentives) and advise on related legislation.